Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My 1st Recipe! Fresh Apple Cake

My Mom found this recipe awhile back and I love APPLES, so I thought I would make this my first post!

First off! I had to go to the store and get my ingredients.



For this recipe you will need.



5 cups of grated apples (my mom read this wrong and we bought 5 apples)

1/2 cup vegetable oil


2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 tsp salt

2 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp soda (baking soda, not cola)

1 cup raisins

1st Step: Preheat oven to 350 deg F. You will want the rack to be in the middle of the oven.

2nd Step: Grate Some Apples. For this I used our sad little food processor. It took forever and I am definitely asking Santa for a new one. When you are done your apples should look like this. We did not peel the apples.



3rd step: combine all the ingredients in a LARGE mixing bowl. You will want to mix until well blended. Poor into a greased 9 X 13 inch pan.

4th step: Bake for 45 to 60 minutes (it took mine the entire 60 minutes). You want it to be set and not giggly. It should be kind of golden brown. I used a knife to check the center.



By the time it was done cooling I was passed out on the sofa, so my mother took the final picture.




It doesn't look beautiful, but it was Yummy Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment